PicMed DNA Testing Clinic
PICMED only uses AABB and ISO 17025 Accredited facilities. Get accurate DNA tests from a trusted laboratory. PICMED offers affordable paternity and DNA testing that provides conclusive results. We encourage you to compare what we have to offer with other DNA testing laboratories before making this important decision. At PICMED, we’re confident you’ll see that we offer the most accurate paternity and DNA tests available at the best prices.
Our Paternity DNA Test Includes
- Discreet test results and collection by Medical professionals
- Legally binding AABB-accredited DNA tests are available with notarized reports for court (for legal DNA test)
- DNA testing of father, child and mother (mother is optional).
- Paternity Tests using 16 genetic markers for Premium quality.
- 99.999% accuracy guarantee for inclusions; 100% for exclusions
- Fast test results – final results are usually received within 3 business days, 5 days guaranteed (please note that the day samples are received is day 0)
Legal DNA Test
Legal paternity test results provide strong evidence for many court cases, including divorce (child custody or child support), immigration or visa applications, and estate settlement or inheritance cases
PicMed works with Labs that maintains laboratory accreditations for DNA paternity testing with the AABB. This means that your legal paternity test results are accurate, reliable, and considered court-admissible by accreditation standards. Paternity test results from samples collected at home may be submitted to a court, however a judge will often require proof of identity for each participant in the DNA paternity test.
“Legal” paternity tests, or paternity testing for legal purposes, require accurate test results, as well as proof of identity for each person participating in the DNA paternity test. For legal cases, PicMed tracks your DNA samples from the time they are collected at one of our clinic until the time they arrive in our DNA testing laboratory. Chain-of-custody procedures offer proof of paternity (or non-paternity), as well as proof of identity to a judge, social worker, embassy, or other government official.
Chain of Custody
As an approved collection facility, we use a Chain of Custody documentation process to ensure results will be legally defensible, in case the results will be used in courts and other government agencies. This process proves and satisfies the following legal requirements:
- Samples are collected our medical staff at our facilities
- The individuals tested are positively identified (i.e. They present a government-issued ID, and they are photographed and fingerprinted for records.).
- The samples are carefully tracked and matched to each test participant throughout the entire DNA testing process.
When you come for sample collection , you will be asked to do the following to meet the Chain of Custody requirements:
- Present government-issued identification for the adults
- Present a form of identification for minors, such as a birth certificate or security card
- Be photographed
- Complete a Client Identification and Consent Form (the minor’s consent form should be signed by the legal guardian)
The Chain of Custody process ensures that your results will be acceptable in court and other legal cases where paternity needs to be established. Once DNA test is completed you will recieve a signed notarized report for your records and for any legal reason.
Results are normally reported in about a week from collection of all parties. We understand that the outcome of the test is sensitive and often times emotional so we make certian the test is conducted in a clean and calm environment. Furthermore, results are striclty confidential and only reported in the manner set forth by all parties.
PEACE OF MIND DNA TEST
When there is no need for a DNA result that will be used in a court room setting, a peace of mind test may be right for you. There are fewer protocol involved in the peace of mind test when compared to a legal DNA test, however, strict collection procedures are still followed to insure accurate results.
Results are normally reported in about a week from collection of all parties. We understand that the outcome of the test is sensitive and often times emotional so we make certain the test is conducted in a clean and calm environment. Furthermore, results are strictly confidential and only reported in the manner set forth by all parties.
With 20 years experience, PicMed can assure patients that their procedure will be conducted professionally and accurately.
Types of DNA testing offered:
- Paternal DNA
- Maternal DNA
- Sibling DNA testing
- Ancesteral Origins
- Aunt/Uncle Testing
- Immigration DNA
- X-SV Maternal Lineage Testing
- YSTR Male Lineage Testing